Around 10 Million SMEs across Europe are ICT intensive. This means that almost 1 in every 2 SMEs rely on ICT to run their business. The intensive use of ICT is a positive sign for digitisation of business processes but ICT also comes at a cost, based on the dramatic growth of the ICT environmental footprint & energy consumption.
Did you know that almost 10% of all energy used and 4% of carbon emissions in the environment are calculated as coming from ICT only? By decreasing emissions by just 15%, the ICT sector can make savings of €600 billion by 2020.
ICT itself is a considerable source of carbon emission in the environment, due to e-waste, electricity to power electronic devices, and in particular, because of the huge amount of energy needed to keep ICT products & services and their underlying infrastructure up and running.
ICTFOOTPRINT.eu (http://www.ictfootprint.eu) is the European hub that supports companies of all sizes, public entities and citizens, on becoming more sustainable and energy & environmentally efficient in ICT.
ICTFOOTPRINT.eu provides the right knowledge, technical solutions and motivation to embrace low-carbon & energy efficient solutions in ICT.
The platform offers a set of solutions that help organisation become energy efficient & raise consciousness of methodologies and best practices for sustainable ICT, facilitating the broad deployment and uptake of:
· The online Marketplace of ICT sustainable solutions: meeting point for ICT sustainable “Sellers” to get together with “Buyers” (SMEs, large corporations, public administrators and citizens) who want to improve their energy efficiency and consequently reduce their carbon footprint.
· Webinars: providing valuable information, education and training on best ICT green solutions
· Success Stories: in adoption ICT footprint methodologies & becoming sustainable in ICT, explaining how low-carbon footprint solutions generate cost savings and represent competitive advantages.
· Self-Assessment Tool: easy-to-use online tool to help calculate the carbon footprint of ICT services, providing a customised final report on the ICT carbon footprint.
· Helpdesk: available in 5 languages (EN, FR, DE, ES & IT) to provide assistance to organisations interested in becoming energy efficient.
Want to become low-carbon in ICT? www.ictfootprint.eu is the place to go.
Watch the ICTFOOTPRINT.eu short video to find out more.
ICTFOOTPRINT.eu is a Coordination Support Action (CSA) completely funded by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 programme.